The Philippines is a beautiful country with it’s many wonderful things to explore. Tourists and travelers from around the globe loves to visit the Philippines regularly to get the chance to see the beauty of this country and get along with the friendly and very welcoming Pinoys.
Manila, being the Philippine Islands’ capital is the most visited and the first stop for many tourists where the International airport is located. There are many fascinating places to see in manila, and surely have lots of things to do. Everyone will definitely enjoy their trip to the Philippines and they’ll s certainly be back for more. Though there are so many things one can do in Manila, here are the top ten things one cannot resist to do while in the country’s capital:
1. Sightseeing – there are many well-known places in Manila such as historical sights. There is the Intramuros, meaning “inside the walls”, for it is a walled city. The place has a fort which is built by the Spaniards in the late 1500’s during their reign to the Philippines. Though the fort was destroyed during the American-Japanese war in the year 1945, it is now renovated and was now turned into a museum. Another must-see place in Manila is the Luneta Park, or the Rizal Park. This is the monument of the Philippine national hero, Dr. Jose Rizal. The park was built in honor of Rizal. This is also the place where he was killed the Spaniards in the late 1800’s. The park is crowded almost everyday especially during holidays and Sundays where Filipino families gather together to have picnics along the park.
2. Shopping – there are lots of shopping stores in Manila that sell many different kinds of items. One can find almost everything while strolling around the area. There are also easy to find bargain chains located just by the sidewalks, where they sell variety of items with the cheapest prices.
3. Riding on amusement parks – Manila has famous amusement parks that are mostly visited by locals and tourists where children and also adults enjoy the fun rides and have a lively night out. There are the Enchanted Kingdom, the Philippine’s version of Disney Land and the Star City where mostly crowded every night with families especially during weekends.
4. Relaxing – there are plenty of places in manila where one can enjoy relaxing activities like the spa, massage centers, and several hotels that offer relaxing services and other pleasant commodities.
5. Enjoy a bubbly night life – Manila has many bars and cafes where you along with your friends can jam and watch band gigs all night long. There is the Jazz Rhythms bar and the all famous Hard Rock Café where one can watch local and foreign bands perform live on stage.
6. Celebrating Christmas – Filipinos celebrate Christmas in a very special way. People attend the evening masses within the nine evenings before the Christmas Eve with the whole family going to the church. Filipinos celebrate Christmas in a very practical way and the most valuable thing for them during Christmas is being their family.
7. Sunbathing – Philippines having its many beaches is being visited mostly by people around the world to do sunbathing. With the country’s tropical weathers making it a perfect to tan the skin.
8. Swimming – there are many resorts located around Manila where families can enjoy swimming without going out of town. The resorts are designed with the taste of nature, so one will always feel a nature paradise inside the city.
9. Roller Skating – families together with their children can enjoy roller skating within the many parks of Manila. There are really spacious parks where families can have their quiet family day out and even enjoy picnics and others.
10. Visiting Churches – there are many famous churches in Manila like the Manila Cathedral which are mostly visited by tourists and locals everyday. There are also the San Agustin Church and the Quiapo Church that are well known churches in the Philippines.
Ms. Pinky is a mom of 3 school children. She is a Systems Engineer, a Technology Researcher and an Independent Medical Billing and Coding Consultant. She and her family is well-traveled all over the world!